ABOUT AUTHOR

I am not an insider in a gaming company, but the only thing I use is my brain, reading others articles and RPG Maker, plus, I love playing games. This is all I need to discuss games and trends, history and facts that others have chosen to ignore. I have played quite a bit of systems, from Sony, Nintendo, and recently Xbox, even Sega to some extend. I am, also, a female gamer and author of Fantasy, Science Fiction and love dark characters. If you don't like the fact, I am a girl, please see your "BACK" or "HOME" button for assistance!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Game Reviews

One of my favorite part of anything is story, weather or not that comes from games, mangas, anime or movies. I play a lot of games, but my favorites have to be RPGS, both actions and console versions. I am not really into Action games, not good at them.
I play quite a bit of facebook games. I think they have good concepts, not that they always materializes into a good game. I am going to start with the big daddy of all facebook games: PETVILLE.
In case, you haven't played petville, it is a game created by Zynga who is one of the bigger companies besides Playfish.
Concept - You create a pet with some really cute adorable graphics and feed your pets to increase their personality. They have interesting tricks they do when given certain treats.
When you first begin PETVILLE, you have quite a bit to discover, unlock and decorate, but nothing else, really. It's kind of boring when you reach a high level and must wait for the programmers to add new levels.
There is no real reason for leveling up in petville, but what do I mean? In Pet Society, run by Playfish, as you level up you gain new things like new soap, jump rope or even unlocking a new rooom. This is a different idea than ZYNGA which has neighbor based unlocking system. In Pet society, you have neighbors you visit and clean to gain money, but takes a lot less time than PETVILLE.
In Petville, there is hardly NO interaction with anything from the video game machines to the soda machines, none. In Pet Society, your pet will actually pick things up, jump into the bath tub and wash themselves, and carry their stuff toys around. Petville, on the other hand, the pet will just stand there, run around not really doing anything, and do this too long and they'll start pounding on the screen.
Which was cute when I was new in the game, but not so much anymore. It's gotten old and frankly, boring. What drew me to Zynga's game over Playfish's Pet Society was GRAPHICS, but what is drawing me to Pet Society is the one thing that is Pet Society's advantage: game play.
GRAPHICS - B
There is a such a thing as too much cute, and Zynga not only crossed that line, but threw up candy color barf all over it.
SOUNDS AND MUSIC -D
Why is it no matter what kind of pet you create, it always sounds like a ... cat? The theme song is cute the first few times you hear it and then, it get annoying.
GAME ISSUES -10 points from score
Pop ups are a constant complaint on this and many of Zynga's game, the more you complain the more they seem to add. It's almost as if they're doing it just to piss you off. Pet personalities are boring when you finished everything, and doesn't add anything to game play, not a single bit.
INGAME GOLD/PETVILLE CASH RATIO - D
My biggest issue is that this is a free game, but you have to make money by selling things for cash. However, Zynga seems to put more attention into the CASH stuff rather than the ingame gold stuff. Recently, they began to add more gold stuff, but the truth is they haven't updated the gold stuff in a long time.
CUSTOMER SERVICE - C, but they really should get a D or F
Customer service is a bit tricky when it comes to Zynga, if your missing something or have an error, they'll work with you. They'll solve the issue at hand, but things like the neighborhood was just bad altogether. They have a bad habit of hyping things up, and then, letting down the player. Not once, not twice, but three times.
They have issues with customer service in other games such as frontierville, but I will talk about that in a FRONTIERVILLE REVIEW. But I took it into consideration because it is the same company.
FINAL GRADE: D
If you have a choice between PETVILLE AND PET SOCIETY, leave that petville puppy out to dry and head to PET SOCIETY, you'll have fun longer and for the right reasons.
My final grade is a "D", but playfish on the other hand is at least a "B+" My issue with Pet Society is that they don't have ways to earn more cash than they do. My suggestion is that if you are considering playing one of these games: go with pet society. In pet society, if you play their games and don't like it or get mad, you take your cash with you when you play another of their games. Not so with Zynga.

No comments:

Post a Comment